Carbon Monoxide – How to Stay Safe

February 9, 2012

There’s been a lot of talk in the press and on TV in recent months about Carbon Monoxide but what do you need to know about it? Firstly it’s highly dangerous and you can’t see it or smell it which is why it got the name the “silent killer”.

When Carbon Monoxide is inhaled into the body it combines with the blood and stops it from absorbing oxygen. If a person is exposed to it over a period of time, it can cause serious illness or worse. There are a number of ways you can protect yourself and your family from Carbon Monoxide such as;

– Never block vents
– Regularly clean chimneys
– Have heating/heating devices serviced regularly
– Inspect and maintain appliances

An alternative to this is to purchase a Carbon Monoxide alarm. A Carbon Monoxide alarm triggers an alarm based on an accumulation of carbon monoxide over time. Alarms can be found at http://bit.ly/x3nhuF


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: